DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES > SCHOOL OF NURSING AND HEALTH SCIENCES > DEPARTMENT OF NURSING >
NURSING POLICIES > UNDERGRADUATE CALCULATION COMPETENCY
Undergraduate Calculation Competency
- All clinical nursing courses will have a "Calculation Competency" Exam.
- The quiz will be 10-20 questions (teacher discretion).
- This calculation exam will be included in examination scores for the courses.
- The student must achieve a 100% on the exam in order to attend the clinical experience.
- The first score achieved will be included in examination scores for the course.
- The student will have two (2) additional attempts after the first try to achieve the 100%.
- The three (3) attempts to achieve the 100% must be completed by the first day of clinical.
- Following three (3) attempts, students who do not achieve a 100% on the calculation Competency Exam will not be able to attend clinical.
- This inability to attend clinical will result in course failure.
- Achievement of the 100% on the Calculation Competency Exam will be listed on the course syllabus as a prerequisite to attendance at clinical. It is a prerequisite clinical competency.
Calculation Competency Policy - NURS 3015
- In Foundations of Nursing Practice (NURS3015), students are required to take multiple Calculation Competency Exams.
- These exams will count toward the exam points in NURS3015.
- The number of questions and the points on the exams are at the discretion of the faculty.
Faculty Approved: 5/2007
Revised 2/2011, Revised: 2/2014