DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES > SCHOOL OF NURSING AND HEALTH SCIENCES > DEPARTMENT OF NURSING >
NURSING POLICIES > ATTENDANCE POLICY (CLASS AND CLINICAL)
Students are expected to attend all scheduled nursing courses offered within the Department of Nursing.
Students are expected to attend all planned clinical experiences and to satisfactorily achieve the identified clinical behaviors.
- If unable to attend scheduled classes, the student must assume responsibility for content and assignments missed.
- It is the responsibility of the student to notify the instructor, in advance, if unable to attend planned clinical experiences.
- The student who will miss clinical time has the responsibility to contact the clinical instructor prior to the start of clinical.
- The student who has missed clinical time has the responsibility to contact the clinical instructor within 24 hours to discuss make-up clinical time.
- It shall be the responsibility of the instructor, in consultation with the Department Head as needed, to determine the feasibility and/or necessity of the make-up experience, based upon the number of absences and the student's progress toward meeting the clinical behaviors. Make-up clinical experience will be scheduled at the convenience of the clinical instructor.
- If, in the judgment of the instructor, the student has missed clinical time needed to meet the clinical objectives, the faculty may enter a failing or incomplete grade.
Faculty Review: 02/2007
Revised: 10/11, 3/14