DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES > SCHOOL OF NURSING AND HEALTH SCIENCES > DEPARTMENT OF NURSING > NURSING POLICIES > ACCEPTABLE ACADEMIC STATUS - DNP PROGRAM
Acceptable Academic Status - DNP Program
- All DNP students must achieve a B or better in all DNP courses.
- If a DNP student receives a grade lower than a B in any DNP course, the student must repeat the course.
- A second grade lower than a B, in the same course or any other course, results in dismissal from the DNP Program. (Effective Fall 2013)
The following process will be utilized when a student receives a course grade lower than a B:
- Faculty/instructor notifies DNP Program Director
- DNP Program Director notifies SNHS Department Head
- Department Head sends letter to the student; this letter is to include grading policy standards and, if applicable, information regarding student progression.
Warning & Dismissal
- A student whose term QPA falls below 3.0 will receive a letter of warning from the Department Head.
- If the cumulative QPA falls below a 3.0 after a second term, the student will be dismissed from the Department of Nursing.
Faculty Approval: 3/09