| HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
SCHOOL OF NURSING AND HEALTH SCIENCES >
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SCIENCES >
HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION >
The program objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration program are to:
- Prepare graduates who will provide leadership in health care institutions in the 21st Century.
- Develop skills that enhance graduates’ ability to succeed.
- Produce graduates who are valued by employers for their ability to deal with politics, nuances and complexities of the health care system.
- Turn out graduates who understand health care finance and efficient use of resources.
- Help graduates’ develop their ability to motivate and lead highly trained technical people who provide patient care.
- Give graduates a knowledge base that allows them a broader choice of career options in health care administration.
- Provide students with an experience that encourages them to integrate theory with their practical experience.
The educational objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration will be to enable students to:
- Gain knowledge and develop leadership skills that permit them to lead individuals, groups, divisions and institutions engaged in providing health care services to patients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the health care industry in a way that permits them to lead more effectively.
- Be able to articulate the nuances and challenges of the health care system including the way that services are financed and paid in order to be more effective leaders.
- Understand the way that portions of the system interact so that they may bring a more focused leadership style to their health care administration challenges.
- Comprehend the challenges involved in motivating highly trained technical people who provide basic patient care in a way that helps them adapt their leadership style to the reality of patient care delivery.
- Build skills that are necessary for effective performance in health care organizations.
- Develop a knowledge base that gives them a broader choice of career options.
- Integrate health administration theory with their practical administrative experience.