The RMU pre-licensure nursing program utilizes the Elsevier Review and Testing System to elevate student outcomes. Remediation is an important indicator for success. All students are encouraged to remediate. Those who receive a score of less than 900 on designated HESI specialty exams (V2) or the comprehensive exit exam will be required to provide evidence of remediation through the Elsevier Evolve website in order to improve outcomes.Procedure
1. Students should begin to remediate immediately following the HESI exams, by remaining in the computer lab and reviewing the items missed.
2. All students will receive an email from Evolve with a link to remediation materials. Students should review the materials provided in the link.
3. All students who score below a 900 on a designated specialty (V2) or comprehensive exit exam will be required to meet with the Remediation Coordinator to develop a student success plan/learning contract. The student will be required to submit evidence of remediation on the Elsevier Evolve website to the Remediation Coordinator prior to taking the next proctored exam.
4. All students who score below a 900 on a designated specialty(V2) or comprehensive exit exam will be referred to tutoring services as appropriate through the Remediation Coordinator and Test For Success (TFS) Coordinator. Students will be required to submit evidence of compliance with the tutoring plan.
5. The Remediation Coordinator will communicate the remediation activities to the relevant course faculty member.
6. Remediation activities must be completed by the students in order to sit for the next scheduled V2 or comprehensive exam. Faculty approved: 03/2014